How to play guide for Forager
|This article is a stub. You can help Forager Wiki by .|
This page will serve as a basic how to play guide for Forager. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Basic Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Mine minerals, chop down trees, and hunt animals for basic materials.
- You can hover over items with your cursor to pick them up at any distance.
- Each resource destroyed gives some experience, gather enough and you can level up.
Default Controls[edit | edit source]
- W: Move up
- A: Move left
- S: Move down
- D: Move right
- Aim using mouse
- Left click: Hit object
- Right click: Consume currently selected item, if possible
- E, Escape: Open character menu
- Space Bar: Tactical Roll
Tips and tricks[edit | edit source]
- Each market you put down has different resupply timers and items offered.
- Never (or rarely) spend Bonus Orbs on extra energy as it is useless in the endgame.
- Put a Quarry on a large, clear island (eg. main island) and place a Mining Rod next to it. This will grant you an influx of resources passively and overall it will make it so you never run out of stone, ore or (if you have the skill that makes every stone give it) coal.
- If you have already unlocked Revitalize (energy+ from killing enemy) and skeleton wand, you can just farm bones or other drops infinitely. Additionally, the Skull Mask makes it so skeletons don't attack you anymore, making farming as easy as can be.
- Power Plants can be used to double the production speed of buildings, including Banks, Fishing Traps and Shrines.
- Sand is the only resource that cannot be automated; the player need to manually dig it up or hope for it on fish traps. Easier way to do this is run around the map digging everywhere with a Nomad or higher Shovel, and replenish energy through food or enemies.
- Drones are very useful once in the mid to late game. You can either build them or try and get lucky at a Sacrifice Altar by sacrificing a heart container for the "Termination" bonus, which gives you a free Drone and 10 EMPs. While crafting the first few Drones can be better, after a certain number getting them from the shrine is a lot more affordable.
- Since Drones automatically collect from Fish Traps, building a lot of them throughout the map while clearing land is a great way to get extra resources passively
- Build a few markets, the items it sells are sometimes valuable, like Drones or Spirit Orbs.
- Always plan ahead with your Skill Points; make sure that a thing unlocked by a skill doesn't require a different skill which you do not have (eg. don't get Factories if you plan on using them but don't have Offshore Drills yet)
- Do quests as they often reward you with unique loot.
- Don't trash or sell your sand, you will regret later on, since it is an important resource you can never get enough of.
- Use the Buy Land tab if you want to see further! This also expands the effective range in which you can pick up items.
- Banks are infinitely more useful if you have the perk that increases their effectiveness if you have more Banks nearby, and build accordingly.
- Gloves increase your attack speed, effectively increasing how fast you destroy resources.
- If you run out of inventory space, you can also use Vaults for extra storage.
- Amulets are incredible, especially if you can get them early, since they increase number of resources dropped and the first few tiers are relatively cheap.
- Surround an island with lighthouses and dig with a late game shovel. You'll obtain incredible amounts of sand and other materials.